Saturday, February 23, 2013

Beribadat selazat coklat

Armed with my new s-note that wife my bought for me, I am the new and excited man, like a boy receiving his first taste of puberty;not the confused bit but pretty much the excitement of going to school the next day telling friends how beautiful was the girl and how big is my little Johnny.

 Talk about confused, I've been a little bit confused for a long period of time. It started since my puberty (very long time ago but definitely after sunat) until the day I bought a book from a bookstore in Kelantan airport, a state that I've underrated for so long. 'Beribadat selazat coklat ' is a simple book with pages no more than 100, but in it was the answer to my biggest question, hidden for ages only to be seen on my journey back to Kuala Lumpur, 30,080 feet from the ground, closer to heaven if it is above the cloud like what I believe before the puberty kicks in.

I pray before I came across that book but the prayers or the shalat before is like an option that entirely depend on my liking. A magrhib a day. The rest of the fardu only to be considered if the meetings were done, the eyes does not feel like closing for a nap, the assignments were completed, the 18th hole was done provided the flight mate is ok with delaying the lunch at clubhouse and many more 'duty of the world' that were positioned higher in the hierarchy of priority than praying to the god that created us.

  What was the reason to that creation ? My answer before reading that book would be to worship Allah s.w.t, and it's still the answer to me now, but what it means to me before He open up my eyes to that book is very different to how I understand it now. All it was before is nothing more than a phrase, sometimes related to my daily life but most of the time it is like a normal phrase such as Satu Malaysia.

 I've always desire heaven since my mom mentioned about the beauty of living in paradise and the agony of those who end up in hell. To me back then, hell was a sure thing for the believers be it through the highway or the hellway. Going to hell first before heaven is not a bad idea as long as it is all good at the end of the journey -That Was It !! That was the root of all cause !!That was the beginning of my problem.

 If you believe in Allah, you should believe in hell and if you believe in hell you will never think of getting anywhere near it.

   If you believe in Allah you should never doubt His warning about the punishment and the reward.   If you believe in Allah , you will obey His order and never ever think of doing the prohibited act of sin, starting from now and not wait till you're older to repent. It may be too late because you might not reach the age you think suitable for you to repent because if you do believe in Allah, He is the only one who knows the end of you.

  I am no ustaz and I don't have what it takes to be one but what I've are stories, stories about life of a muslim who were born muslim in a muslim country, only to know how to live a muslim life after reading a book that he bought for not more than RM 15 on his way back to KL from Kelantan - a state that he once I hated so much. KL from Kelantan - a state that he once hated so much. Just click here to see what book is it , Jazakallah .


Add to Blink Add to Furl Add the post to Technorati Favourites Add to Simpy Add to Spurl Add to Yahoo MyWeb Add to del.icio.us Add to Digg It Social bookmark this!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home