Thursday, September 25, 2008

What I can do with 10 cent



‘This piece is dedicated to the ‘banglas’, Jazzuir who clean my windshield every time I fill up my tank at Petronas. I would like to say sorry on behalf of all Malaysians who ignore your existence at the pump’

Here I am sitting on the toilet bowl wondering what I can do with 10 cent. While writing with my right hand and the opposite busy holding a burning cigarette, a pack of 20’s will cost me RM9, on average every single stick would be 45 cent. . So I’m going to get one ciggy for every 4.5 liters of petrol to my Iswara. To buy a pack of 20 I’m gonna need to fill up 100 liters, about 2 ½ full. Tell me, is that not a bargain?

Yeah… yeah… it's not worth the comparison…but petrol and cigarette does have something in common, one brings you distance and another bring you closer to a place six feet under.

With 10 cent you can buy a couple of that interesting little candy, hacks. After saving RM4 for every tank full, I can buy 80 of that candy. Is that not worth it?

I don’t know any other toilet that the entrance fee is 10 cent apart from the one in Teluk Intan bus station. No fancy porcelains, just the squatting miracle. Thanks to the 10 cent reduction I can be there much often then I should. Is that not worth it?

On average I consume 60 litres of petrol in a week, if I bank in RM6 a week, it would be RM24 in month, RM 288 a year, Roughly I’m gonna need 1000 years of savings from petrol to be able to buy that Mercedes, the one those exco’s are driving. Need not to worry about maintenance; they said its maintenance free. Is it not worth it?

The calculation is very complicated, economist from Oxbridge are working hard. Although the price of oil is coming down, the weakening of ringgit made it impossible for the price to go any lower.

This is a very stupid question…

If we buy oil from petronas in USD, and they are selling it outside in USD, wouldn’t that balance it all out somehow? The lousy University of Manchester added no value to my brain.


Add to Blink Add to Furl Add the post to Technorati Favourites Add to Simpy Add to Spurl Add to Yahoo MyWeb Add to del.icio.us Add to Digg It Social bookmark this!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bro...20 times 10 cents is RM2.00..if you spend RM200 then they give you balance of RM2.00 ... you know what mean bro... hahhaha

10:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sedekah te 10 cents then ALLAH will balas u 70 cents.. Amin to that..

2:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home