Thursday, March 09, 2006

Family Law in this country

I got to admit that I'm not well verse about the new/old family law. I've seen my mom working so hard at home while my father went out to fight for some bread on the family table.But after reading the essay Our Own Apartheid by Marina Mahathir, I need to write something about the Lady.



Today, my wife is nothing like that. She's having her own circle of friend, heading her own department in the company, her own time at the beauty centre. Earning more than the husband, paying the same amount of bills, or even more in the house.

What do I do to pay back for all that? I spend most of my time with the family... alternate cooking schedule hubby/wife.. waking up at night whenever the two kids crying..marrying another girl/lady - don't think so because I love my wife more than anything although from time to time I joke about 'bini muda'.

There were time when I went to work with the yellowish turmeric powder stain on my nails... guess who's the one saying 'Tengok orang takut bini, kena masak'... it was the lady.. not so old, around fourty.

What I'm trying to say is that the woman would need to prepare themself, most of the time Marina Mahathir fight for the gender that don't care and don't even wanna change... for them, what their parents did last time was the right thing to do in Islam, without knowing what does the real teaching offers in the first place.

I'm tired to hear the same thing about family law story in this country, it's all about a guy having new wife and a woman being left high and dry by the husband... rationally I want it to be equal but then what can you do if it is not suppose to be equal in the first place...

Give it a few more years, my generation will be wise enough to think... but make sure that the information can be reach by everyone...not just the one who read NST or STAR.


Add to Blink Add to Furl Add the post to Technorati Favourites Add to Simpy Add to Spurl Add to Yahoo MyWeb Add to del.icio.us Add to Digg It Social bookmark this!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home