Wednesday, March 01, 2006

An open letter to the oldies

Dear Oldies,

The ignorance of youngsters(the one below 30) is really bad for the nation. Politics, NEP or even religion are not the popular topic of discussion, it’s all about soccer and cars…

reading - forget about it, they would prefer buying an expensive sound system for the car then a 29.90 bestseller… talking about meritocracy among malay friends are like sticking a large sticker on my forehead - pengkhianat -

so what do I do? surfing the internet, bookmarking site like this one… where would I go from here?I don’t know… becoming one of the silent majority or should I say silent minority… when will the minority become majority? once again, I don’t know..

a slave, working hourly for food and shelter… that is who I am. The sad thing is, the master can’t even guarantee my existence as they continue acquring new land for their children…

at least the oldies(like my father who is 87) are enjoying their golden years looking back at the journey they’ve completed…as for me, the long winding road ahead is far from over.

Sincerely,

Shahrul Azmi


Add to Blink Add to Furl Add the post to Technorati Favourites Add to Simpy Add to Spurl Add to Yahoo MyWeb Add to del.icio.us Add to Digg It Social bookmark this!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home